Map

Friday 27 April 2012

Hockey: My point of View

Hi

Today Im going to write about why I think hockey is one of the best sports in the world and why more people should play it. Firstly it is one of the fastest "field sports" game in the world as apart from half time and injuries there is no break in the game and when it is played and the top international level it can be difficult to keep up with. The fitness level of these players has to be such that they can keep going and not worry about how tired they are getting. At the moment I am in the Irish Under 16 squad that will be going to the Europeans Championships in Vienna and am going through a gruesome fitness regime preparing for it. Another reason is that no matter what size you are, in hockey you can vbe the very best. Obviously you have to be strong to play at a top level but you dont have to be massive. Some of the best players around today are small. The last reason why I think hockey is the best sport is because it is a game for everyone and the friends that I have made in hockey will stay with me for the rest of my life. I know that sounds a bit cheesy but its the truth!!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment